Wednesday, January 11, 2012

It's a New Year!

Happy New Year!!
It promises to be a good year here in Oklahoma. I've started a new job at our local library-which I am loving so far. It's 10 minutes up the road and such a great place to work. I only wish I had more hours. But on the other hand, I am happy to be part time so I have more time to spend with family including a certain 17 month old blonde haired, blue eyed little boy.
I also have time for Bible study which I am so excited about.
Today was Day 5 of week one of "Breaking Free" for me.....the second time around. I did this study several years ago as a new Christian. Since then Beth has updated the study and I have an entirely new outlook. And a new yoke.
Today's lesson really got me thinking about what "freedom" in Christ would be like. Those thoughts caused me to look up the word "freedom" which made me think about blogging too. Blogging has always been more like a journal to me. As you can see, I am not very good at journaling. Maybe someday I will be better.
Back to freedom. I was so inspired by the definition that I wanted to copy and paste it here from Dictionary.com.


Collins
World English Dictionary
freedom  (ˈfriːdəm)
 
— n
1. personal liberty, as from slavery, bondage, serfdom, etc
2. liberation or deliverance, as from confinement or bondage
3. the quality or state of being free, esp to enjoy political and civil liberties
4. ( usually foll by  from ) the state of being without something unpleasant or bad; exemption or immunity: freedom from taxation
5. the right or privilege of unrestricted use or access: the freedom of a city
6. autonomy, self-government, or independence
7. the power or liberty to order one's own actions
8. philosophy  the quality, esp of the will or the individual, of not being totally constrained; able to choose between alternative actions in identical circumstances
9. ease or frankness of manner; candour: she talked with complete freedom
10. excessive familiarity of manner; boldness
11. ease and grace, as of movement; lack of effort
 
I want that. Don't you?
From today's lesson, Beth writes "nothing needs the infiltration of God's truth more than the heart. We will find freedom to the degree our hearts accept, rely, and respond to the truth of God's Word."
Isaiah 61:1-4 are key scriptures for this lesson.
"The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners,
to proclaim the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn,
and provide for those who grieve in Zion--to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the LORD for the display of his splendor."
I love the ending of today' lesson.
Beth writes-
~ Christ came to set the captives free- no matter what kind of yoke may be binding them.
~ He came to bind up the broken hearted- no matter what broke the heart.
~ He came to open up the eyes of the blind- no matter what may have veiled their vision.
At the risk of sounding too churchy........Hallelujah!
Oh, I seriously hope I can "journal" more often!
Much Love & Many Blessings,
Angel
Today is week 2- day 4......I never did publish this post. I meant to add pics, but never did...... So I am posting now and again later with pictures. So come on back.

No comments:

The Breast Cancer Site